header

header

Monday, 4 August 2014

Guest post: False Eyelashes!

I would like to welcome you all to my first ever guest post! This was done by my best friend Aimee from imNOTdisordered!

-

Hi! I’m Aimee, I run I’m NOT Disordered and Chelsea asked me to write a review on all of the new eyelashes I’ve recently purchased. 
So, these are my eyelashes with my usual e.l.f. mineral infused mascara (a present from Chelsea), I don’t wear mascara day-to-day unless I’m popping out. The falsies usually come out for special occasions and nights out. 
Image 

I’ve always used Eylure no. 140 as I find them easy to cut to my length, easy to place and incredibly sturdy. They’re also good for numerous uses as the glue easily peels off so there’s no build-up. I like these as they’re quite dramatic and wearing them with something black on a night out, has a good effect. 4/5 
ImageImageImage 

Chelsea also bought me some E.l.f falsies. I found their glue more liquidised and very tacky but this made the lashes difficult to stick as they were constantly peeling away as I moved my fingers! Overall, I was very disappointed in these as I think I had high expectations because of my experience with their mascara. 2/5 
ImageImage 
Image 

I recently discovered Primark are now selling eyelashes and I am completely obsessed with their false nails (the designs and quality are impressive for £1) so I had high hopes. First, I tried the ‘sultry’ ones, I found these hard to remove from the packaging without crushing the lashes but the glue was very good and made them easy to place. I really liked these as I found the similar to the Eylure but a little bit more subtle. 3.5/5 
ImageImage 
Image 

 Next, I tried the ‘natural’ lashes from Primark. I found that the transparent glue left my eyelid incredibly tacky. I can see why they are the ‘natural’ look but I actually thought my eyelashes looked better with only my mascara. 1/5 
ImageImage 
Image 

 Finally, I tried out the ‘volume’ lashes. I found these easy to place and would probably wear them for a more low-key night out like quiet cocktails with my Mum. 3.5/5 
  
ImageImage  








No comments:

Post a Comment