header

header

Tuesday, 8 July 2014

Foundation and Concealer Routine.

Like most people, my foundation and concealer routine is probably the most important part of any makeup look. Everyone, including myself, wants the perfect base and flawless skin. So my routine very rarely changes, but Ive recently added new steps in the last month or so, so this is currently how i do my foundation and concealer.

So my holy grail foundation is the Rimmel Match Perfection in 010 Light Porcelain. I am very pale, and i looked for so long for the perfect foundation that would give me a good coverage without it being matte, and for it also to match my skin tone. This foundation ticks all the boxes and i could seriously not recommend it enough! I used to apply this with my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush, but i have started using the Real Techniques Buffing Brush instead as it a much softer brush and i find it just looks better when i use this brush.


 I apply two pumps to the back on my hand, and start on my cheeks, then my forehead, then my nose, upper lip and chin and then whatever is left over on the brush i apply over my eyes. Perfect!
-
I then move onto my first concealer which is the Rimmel Hide The Blemish concealer in 001 Ivory. I have used this product for about 6 years, its a thick consistency and it is just the best for covering the scars on my chin and any other blemishes. (review found here)


I apply it straight from the bullet and use my finger to pat it down, i find the warmth from my finger helps it blend better than any other brush. 
I thought I'd share my heartbreak...its all used up. Doesn't it feel like a sad moment when that happens, and i have to wait to be paid till i can get a new one!

-
The next thing i do is new for me. You see, i have such dark circles under my eyes, a mixture of blue and grey, i hate it! I used to just use one concealer but i found i had to apply much more than i wanted to just to get it all covered, so i went on the hunt for another under eye concealer that could maybe help with counteracting the blue and grey. I ended up with the Loreal Lumi Magique Stylo Touche De Lumiere (Touch of light - highlighting pen) in 1 Light


The formula of this is very light and wetter than my other concealers, and it has more of a yellow tone too. I think there's something about the yellow tones that really helps with my dark circles. I twist the bottom and brush it all under my eye which i then blend with my fingers. 


I couldn't use this product on its own, its just not a good enough coverage for me, but it acts as a perfect base for my next concealer!
-
So the last thing i do is apply my Collection Lasting Perfection concealer in 1 Fair, which is officially my saviour, i don't even know what I'd do without this concealer, as everybody already knows, its fantastic, so i won't bore you all the details! 


I also use this concealer as a highlighter too, so i apply the concealer onto my under eyes, top of my cheekbones, middle of my forehead, down the bridge of my nose, my cupids bow, and then i apply it to any spots or blemishes my Rimmel concealer couldn't completely hide. I then buff and blend it all with my Real Techniques Deluxe Crease Brush. 
-
And ta-daaa, that's my flawless base done! 
What do you think? Do you use any of these products? 
Love Chelsea x

2 comments:

  1. I've also got incredibly dark circles, constantly looks like I've been punched in the face haha. I have a love hate relationship with the Lasting Perfection Concealer, some days it's perfect, other days it gets cakey and looks awful! x

    nichollebartlett.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah I found that too but not anymore and I think it's just because I use less now that I use the loreal lumi first! and I'm sorry you get dark circles too, they're the worst! x

      Delete