header

header

Monday, 9 June 2014

50's Bows and Polka Dots

I am really excited excited to announce that i have been accepted to study an NVQ Level 3 Nail Services course! Everything i do, whether its nails or makeup, has been self-taught, so i am super excited to learn and improve my skills in the hope that i can one day turn this into a career. And i was blown away by the enthusiasm of my future tutor, and that they would put their necks on the line to bend the rules in order for me to go straight to Level 3! It means i will have a very busy summer, cramping a whole years work into three and a half weeks, but i can do this. I have mentioned a few times on this blog that i suffer from mental illness, and i simply never thought i would have a future, so today has meant SO much to me. God I'm all emotional, get a grip chelsea!

Anyway, i apologise for rambling away, back to business! I wanted to make a bit of an effort with my nails for my college interview, and i decided to go all 50's with polka dots and 3D blue bows!




I knew i wanted some decoration of some kind on my nails this week, so after a good old rummage 
through my collection i found these bows and i remember how much i loved them last time i used them. I also love polka dots, how can something so simple look so good? So i combined the two whilst saluting to the 50's.


I painted three of my nails a cobalt blue, and the thumb and ring finger white, and alternated the colours for the polka dots, which i created using a large dotting tool.
For the ring finger and thumb, when the dots were dry, i added a blob on nail glue, and simply placed the bows on top. I held them down for about five minutes just to be sure, and then added a few coats of Seche Vite.


I used BarryM Nail Paint in 291 Cobalt Blue and white acrylic paint.



And that's this weeks nail design, i hope you like it!
Love Chelsea x





No comments:

Post a Comment