header

header

Thursday, 13 March 2014

Boots Haul! #2

Boots currently have a 3 for 2 across everything and like every other beauty blogger in the UK I have used this to my full advantage and bought far too many lovely beauty related things!


I think I'll start with the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water. With makeup removal i have tried so many cleansers and they all really irritate me, out of all skincare products its make up removal types that are the worst so for years I've used Johnsons BabyWipes, it did the trick. But for a long time I've been seeing the Bioderma and the Garnier Micellar waters on all my favourite blogs, so i risked it and bought it and i am SO glad i did! I've used this every night, my skin genuinely feels like its water. I in no way thought i would be this happy with it! I am very tempted to go out and buy three more whilst the offers still on!

-
Next, the foundation. Me and foundation have a very love/hate relationship. I love the stuff but it hates me and my pale skin. I have been looking for the perfect foundation for years! I have been using the Maxfactor Lasting Performance for a few months now, and although i wasn't overly impressed it was a good match for my skin tone so i kept with it, but its quite a heavy coverage and with summer round the corner i need something a lot lighter. I had no idea which one i was going to get, and after many swatches i went with the Rimmel Match Perfection in 010 Light Porcelain.


Three words. Oh My Goodness. I am so happy, and so in love with this foundation. It ticks all of my boxes and ah I'm just so chuffed with it. Its the type of foundation that becomes more like a second (and better) skin, its totally radiant and brightens my face whilst in keeping with my skin tone. I'd say its a light to medium coverage, and its easily blended. So girls if your like me when it comes to the constant foundation hunt, stop it and buy this instead!
-
I've really caught the No7 bug recently, and those vouchers finish the deal! I've been needing a new powder, and i loved the texture of my No7 blusher so i knew i wanted one of their face powders. I bought the Perfect Light Pressed Powder in Translucent. It seems like a good powder, i need to test it more to get a definite opinion but i don't think it will let me down! I do love the packaging thought, and that large mirror will come in handy.


-


I also bought the Seventeen Instant Glow Shimmer Brick in Pink Bronze. I wanted to try Revlon version but i didn't dare spend £9 on something so sparkly, so i did a double take when i saw this Seventeen Version for £4.99 i thought id brave it and now i don't know why i was so scared! Its more like really fine powder that sheen's and not sparkle. I thought i had found my highlighter with e.l.f. but after a while i saw that it wasn't meant to be, so let hope this can live up to my high expectations! 



















-
And then last but not least i bought the Revlon ColourStay Ultimate Suede. Since buying my Revlon Matte Balm i have been obsessed with it and its made me see the Revlon brand in a whole new light. I wanted to try another of their lip products but again wanted to keep away from glosses and lipsticks, so the Ultimate Suede collection caught my eye. I swatched them all and after much deliberation i chose the shade 025 Socialite and its a beautiful darkish pink and it is somewhere between a matte and a gloss, but it feels so lovely on the lips i can't wait to try it properly on saturday!




-
And they were all the beauty products i bought out of the boots 3 for 2! Have you used any of these? What did you get from the promo?
Love Chelsea x


5 comments:

  1. ahh lovely stuff!! <3 That Seventeen Instant Glow Shimmer looks amazing!! <3 it will look so beautiful as a highligher, I need to check it out soon <3
    Thank you for sharing!^_^
    www.beautylish-life.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. your right it's the perfect highlighter and I definitely recommend it!

      Delete
  2. That offer is killing my budget, I got so many things:)) The Micellar Water is amazing, it`s my new favourite. A lot of bloggers talk about how great the Shimmer from Seventeen is, maybe I should give it a try! Great post!
    www.sowhatsfashionabout.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. definitely and it's the cheapest shimmer brick out there so it's less risky! and I know right it's definitely the reason on why I have no money!

      Delete
  3. Oooh I haven't seen the Seventeen shimmer before, I've been trying to justify buying the Revlon one. Might just have to try this out.

    I have nominated you for the Liebster Award. Find my questions (as well as instructions if you don't know) here -> http://beautyfromageek.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/liebster-award-x2.html
    xx

    ReplyDelete