header

header

Wednesday, 19 February 2014

No7 Brush Cleaner review

My nails of the week won't be done this week as i have run out of false nails and they won't come until next week, so here's a review instead!
-

Today I'll be reviewing the No7 Make Up Brush Cleanser, i bought this when i did a boots haul which you can read here and now that I've been using it for a while i feel like its time to share this little beauty!

This bottle describes it as a cleanser that removes "make up particles from both natural and synthetic brush hairs and tools" I was a bit sceptical at first as i had never used anything like this before, and previously i just deep cleansed my brushes with baby shampoo. But i followed the instructions that said to spray tissue before sweeping brush bristles against the damp cloth. This description is not true unfortunately. Theres no 'spray' involved. There is a pump for this product, and when you pump the cleanser literally gushes out which ends up getting every where! I can't be precise where i want this liquid to go, instead having to hold my cloth next to the pump and hope for the best! You can't put a cloth against the pump as too much cleanser comes out and soaks through. Its all very tricky and its taken a month to master my technique as shown below. I normally wouldn't get so riled about packaging, but i expect so much more from No7!


Once my cotton pads have enough cleanser, i get my brush and sweep and swirl the brush onto the pad, and you see the product coming off onto the pad, and i keep doing it until my brush appears to be free of the makeup stains! 

These were my brushes before cleansing:
Blush brush
Stipple Brush
eye brushes

How i clean my brushes:

It takes less than a minute to get all the product off, these are my brushes after using the No7 Brush Cleanser:
Blush Brush 

Stipple Brush

Eye brushes


As you can see all the brushes look like new again! These are the pads afterwards, I'm always shocked when i see how much comes out.

I love it when i use this cleanser as it does make the brushes feel clean to the touch. Another thing i love about this cleanser is that its unfragranced so its safe to use if you have sensitive skin like myself. This is the only brush cleanser i have used so i don't know how it is in comparison with other brands, but i would more than recommend this, especially if your like me and and don't like using a brush with product still on it from days ago! I should also mention that brushes still need to be deep cleansed, but with this cleanser you don't have to do it as often.

How have you found this cleanser? Do you use another type?
Love Chelsea x



7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. yes go buy it you need to luck after real technique brushes!

      Delete
  2. I've only ever tried the Elf brush cleaner and that's a nice spray bottle but does have a bit of a funky smell. Does the job well and from what I remember it's pretty cheap xx

    Alongcamekelly.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh I just had a huge elf haul two weeks back, I didn't see it otherwise I would of tried it out! x

      Delete
  3. I've been meaning to get my hands on a brush cleaner, will definitely give this a go!

    little-grey-fox.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it works out for you! it is a great cleanser x

      Delete
  4. Really want to try this product, it sounds great!x

    Lauren Evie

    ReplyDelete