header

header

Saturday, 15 February 2014

Huge e.l.f. Haul!

I've been eyeing up the e.l.f. website for a while, the products were so affordable that it made me doubt whether their products would be up to scratch, but i figured there was only one way to find out! I bought loads as i got a bit carried away, and i finally received my parcel on Friday and after testing out all the products i thought I'd share what i bought, and trust me there's a lot!


So i think I'll start with the eyeshadow i got, i was very good and only bought one and i regret it now as its a lovely eyeshadow! This is their glitter eyeshadow in Nature Girl.

 
















This is a dark green eyeshadow which is super pigmented, the swatch on my hand is literally a tiny amount of this! You can easily build up the glitter and intensity of this shadow. For me its an eyeshadow i would only wear on nights out as its a bit much for day time.
-
I have wanted to try a brow gel for a while, my natural eyebrows are very light in colour which in my opinion looks silly with having such dark hair, so i fill them in every day, and i had wondered whether a brow gel would get the job done quicker, so i bought the e.l.f. Eyebrow Treat & Tame in Dark.


I have to be honest and say I'm disappointed in this product, its meant to be dark and I'd say it was more like a medium. The website says you can either use the hair regrowth gel to treat your eyebrows, or use the fibre enhanced eyebrow mascara to tame eyebrows. 


I've tried the tame end twice now and i can't really tell the difference, and i can't tell whether its because my eyebrows are too thin or whether its a bit rubbish. I think I'll keep to my usual routine, but i will keep using the gel to see if it makes my eyebrows thicker like the description says.
-
I treated myself to a few makeup brushes, i swear I'm obsessed! But they were super cheap, and I've used the e.l.f. precision concealer brush for over a year now, so i hoped that their other brushes were just as good. I bought the Angled Eyeliner brush, Eyeliner brush and Blending Eye brush.





I cannot fault these brushes, the quality is so good and all three were super soft even though they do different things. The Blending Eye brush is just your standard fluffy brush, but it was the eyeliner brushes i was most impressed with.


















I'll use the angled brush when i was a slim line, and the other for when i want my eyeliner super close to the lash line
-
With eyeliner i like it to be really smooth when i apply it, i find a lot of gel eyeliners too dry, which can then look flaky on my already dry eyes, but i saw the eyeliner on the website and it being a cream eyeliner really intrigued me.


I love this eyeliner! Its a good black colour and when i applied it this morning it seemed to glide across my lash line, and adding a small flick was so easy. I can see me using this for a very long time.
Here's a picture of me wearing it today, i used the Angled Eyeliner Brush:

-
I bought yet another blusher, you can never have too many. I bought the blush in Mellow Mauve and i love it!

The packaging is super cute, and the thing i like most is that its buildable, so i can achieve the colour i like best by adding and blending.

-
I've been looking for the perfect highlighter for a while, i don't like it when they are sparkly because it always shows on my pale skin and it never looks like a natural glow. So when i saw this it was described as a colour that illuminated the skin for a healthy glow. There were a few colours and i picked Spotlight as the others had a pink tint. I have used this once and i have had so many compliments today and i think its down to this little beauty! You can see the subtle glow on my hand and its just what I've been looking for.





















-
I have said more than once in my blog on how i hate sticky lips, so i treated myself to another matte lipstick. I got the colour Tea Rose and i love it, looks really natural and is a pink mauve colour. I love the shape of the lip colour, its medium sized so i can line my lips quite precisely and fill my lips in at the same time, and i love the packaging too!

















-
I originally wanted to buy the exfoliating lipstick that I'd heard about, but when i went online it was out of stock. Next to it on the website was a Lip Lock Pencil, which said it keeps lipstick from feathering, travelling or budging, and lip colour stays locked in place for continuous wear. I'd never seen or heard of anything like this, so i bought it more out of curiosity and i can now say that this is my favourite thing out of all these products. Its so smooth and it glides on my lips and feels lovely and like a non-shiny balm. It made the matte lipstick apply so easily on my lips, and it lasted on my lips for much longer than usual. It also stopped my matte lipstick cling to any dry skin which i love! I would recommend this the most out of all these e.l.f. products.

-
All these products are really affordable, and i have been pleasantly suprised by the quality.
I apologise for the length of this post, but i am now an e.l.f. lover! 
Whats your opinion on e.l.f.? Do you have a favourite product of theirs? 
Love Chelsea x

6 comments:

  1. elf products are so good, really want to try the gel liner X

    http://istylethereforeiiwear.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd say go for it, especially for £3-£4! x

      Delete
  2. Great haul! :) I've been wanting the matte lip colors for a while! I can never bring myself to make an order though! I find the brand is very hit or miss; but it sounds like your's was a hit so maybe I'll check them out again!!

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had the same opinion as you but I'm glad I finally bought them and I would definitely use the website again, and it's not so bad if a products a miss because of how cheap it is!
      x

      Delete
  3. Hi!! I nominated you for a Liebster Award! If you're not sure what it's all about, I talk about it here:
    http://cookie--crumbles.blogspot.com.au/2014/02/liebster-award.html

    Olivia xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh thankyou so much but I have already been nominated sorry! xx

      Delete