header

header

Monday, 3 February 2014

Gingham Nails

I am currently trying to lose weight as i have piled on the pounds since moving to Chester! So for motivation i was looking at all the things i want to buy for when i get back to my original size and i saw that gingham seemed to be pretty much everywhere, so i wanted to try and recreate the gingham pattern on my nails.



I really like this design, sometimes simple designs can look better than the complicated ones and i think this is one of those times. 


I created this design using a small brush and painting a grid, then with a small liner brush i painted squares on where the lines overlap, and of course i had to do an accent nail, which is just the same but in blue. The blue nail reminds me of my little sisters summer uniform for school, bless.




The colours i used were BarryM Nail Paint in Black, Rimmel 60Seconds in 805 Grey Matter, MUA in All Nude, MUA in Bold Blue and Rimmel 60Seconds in 840 Blue Eyed Girl.



And that's this weeks manicure, i hope you like it!
Love Chelsea x



10 comments:

  1. They're lovely! I will certainly have to try this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks soo cute! I thought they were nail wraps at first :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou; and nope all painted free hand :) x

      Delete
  3. nominated you for the liebster award!!
    the post is here: http://ichbinmolly.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/liebster-award.html
    molly x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey sweet, thank you so much but I've already been nominated! but Thankyou :) x

      Delete
  4. It looks really cool! I especially like how there is one main colour and then one nail in a different kind. It also looks pretty simple, so it's something I must try! Thanks for sharing!

    Check out my post on pink nail polish: http://olivia-savannah.blogspot.nl/2014/02/nails-pink-colour.html?showComment=1391634062468#c325279187210468653

    ReplyDelete