header

header

Saturday, 4 January 2014

Diamonds and Striping Tape

Before i get on with today's post i would like to apologise for my absence, my mental health took a beating over this new year period and a lot of days it took all my energy just to get out of bed in the morning, let alone paint my nails! But i got through it in one piece, so here i am!

This manicure was created using striping tape and two nail polishes that i have wanted to use together for ages!





I'm really pleased with how this manicure turned out, especially because i used striping tape. I love how inventive some people are with it, and some beautiful manicures can be made from striping tape, but i personally find it far too fiddly and time consuming, and i guess a part of me thinks I'm cheating by using tape, does that make sense? So considering my attitude towards striping tape i am glad i saw it till the end, as i really do like this design.


I painted my nails white, and added a coat of Seche Vite. When dry i placed three pieces of tape going from right to left, and another three pieces to cross over and go the opposite way. I then filled in the spaces with a dotting tool. When all was dry i peeled off my tape, and added two coats of Seche Vite to make the surface even.


Ive had this colour combination in my head for a few weeks now. The colours i used was my trusty MUA All Nude, Essies Orange, It's Obvious and a teal nail varnish that i got from a Seventeen set and it doesn't have a name unfortunately.




I hope you like it, and feel free to comment as i love hearing what people think of my manicures, gives me motivation to keep painting!
Love Chelsea x




3 comments:

  1. I love looking at your nail designs, they fascinate and amaze me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this pattern!its amazing. . .

    ReplyDelete